if you need to find an alternative schooling arrangement

Alternative schooling

What is EOTAS Education:

The UK Government states that:

"Where full-time education would not be in the best interests of a particular child because of reasons relating to their physical or mental health, Local Authorities should provide part-time education on a basis they consider to be in the child’s best interests."

What should you do?

Contact your Local Authority

While schools should refer a child after 15 days of medically related absence but often they do not do so, especially if the absence is related to mental health needs.

Explore the options in the local area for alternative schools and learning environments. Especially seek out parents who face similar challenges.

You may be able to change schools if you can find one that is more suitable or willing to support your child and work with their anxiety.

Charities such as SENDIASS may be able to help you identify a local setting or help you to access it through an EHCP.

Some people manage to arrange funding for EOTAS (Education Other Than At School) which includes hospital school, online schooling or home tuition.